While college students are smitten with cold leftover pizza for breakfast, it might be something you don’t want to relive. However, if the idea of having pizza for breakfast is appealing to you, then this recipe is for you.
There are lots of breakfast pizza recipes out there, but the Midwest version is a popular option. This pizza recipe includes all your favorite breakfast items: peppers, onions, breakfast, scrambled eggs, and also, cheese. Keep in mind that there are several variations, which are different combinations of these ingredients.
Nonetheless, the regional specialty features a basic cheese crust, eggs, sausage, and meat. Although you can make a pizza in less than an hour on weekends, it’s best to prepare the toppings at night and allow you to bake your pizza for breakfast in about 30 minutes.
Table of Contents
This recipe requires using a creamy sauce made with milk, flour, and butter to make scrambled eggs. So, you get fluffy eggs that match perfectly with the buttery crust, tender crispy veggies, and zippy sausage.
- Pillsbury pizza crust holds all those mouth-licking toppings. This crust is flakey, buttery, sturdy, and easy to find.
- Breakfast sausage: if you’re anything like me that loves having sausage for breakfast, you will need a mild or hot breakfast sausage for a bit of heat.
- Veggies: garlic, peppers, and onion are some of my favorite breakfast ingredients. Also, making your sausage with these veggies adds amazing flavor and great taste.
- Milk, flour, and butter: combining these ingredients makes a white sauce, otherwise called bechamel sauce. But in this recipe, we’ll be using the traditional red pizza sauce.
- Eggs: particularly scrambled into the bechamel sauce for making the most tender, fluffiest scrambled eggs to make the best breakfast pizza base.
- Mozzarella and cheddar cheese: it’s not possible to have pizza or scrambled eggs without the cheese. I prefer mozzarella for stringy cheese savoriness and cheddar for amazing flavor.
Breakfast Pizza variations
While it’s best to make your breakfast pizza as instructed in this guide, people with a food allergy love to explore the kitchen.
- Crust: you can purchase pizza dough or make a pizza crust at home. However, it’s important to follow the instructions in the pizza crust recipe or on the package, especially if it requires pre-baking the dough for the best results.
- Sausage: it’s best to use a hot, medium, or mild sausage. But if sausages aren’t your thing, then bacon is your best bet.
- Veggies: adding spinach or mushroom to your breakfast pizza can be a smart idea. However, both veggies contain lots of liquid, which you might have to drain to avoid having a soggy pizza crust.
- Cheese: regardless of your choice: pepper jack, Monterey jack, or swiss, you can’t go wrong using your favorite cheese.
- Taste & Style: if you’re a vegetarian, then it’s best to use a vegetarian sausage. For a gluten-free breakfast pizza, use a certified GF crust. But using vegan butter, almond, vegan cheese, or other non-dairy milk creates a dairy-free breakfast pizza.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answered
What is breakfast pizza made of?
Breakfast pizza is often a favorite among children and adults alike. There are many different varieties of breakfast pizzas, from the classic pepperoni, cheese, and tomato sauce pizza to the more adventurous combinations like bacon and eggs.
What is school breakfast pizza made of?
School breakfasts are always a challenge. Not everyone has time to cook breakfast for their children before they go to school, so most schools provide food. But what are school breakfast pizzas made of? They are made of eggs, bacon, pizza sauce, cheese, and pre-made dough.
What is on Casey’s breakfast pizza?
What is on Casey’s breakfast pizza? You can get the answer from The Daily Meal. In order to start your day off right, you need a hearty breakfast. If you’re looking for something different from eggs and bacon, then try a breakfast pizza from Casey’s General Store.
In conclusion, make sure you have all the ingredients necessary to make a breakfast pizza. There are a variety of toppings to choose from and if you can’t find what you’re looking for, feel free to use the recipes provided.
Breakfast pizza is a great way to start your day with a hearty meal that will fuel you through the morning. It also makes for an excellent lunch or dinner option.